I was just participating to a conference call about Cindy Dale’s book launch, «Togetherness, Creating and deepening sustainable love».
This teleconference inspired me to outline what seems to be, for me, the nature of true meaningful relationships:
- Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable, for it is only through vulnerability that we enter the magic of true closeness and intimacy;
- Moving beyond fear and finding the courage to go out of our comfort zone and take the risk to answer our Heart’s calling;
- Having clear personal boundaries, because all relationships are about energy exchange. Clearly seeing who we are and who the other is allows for both beings to stand in full awareness of each other and respect one another. Without clear boundaries, the exchange of energy easily gets out of balance, and we can see co-dependency patterns surface;
- Holding space, in our Heart, for the other to simply be. True relationships involve a profound respect of who the other person is. When we feel needy, it signals an out of balance exchange of energy and it is an invitation to explore within us the source of that low vibration feeling. Loving is about holding space for the other to be and to step fully and willingly into the dance that is the relationship. This involves a profound understanding that things are perfect as they are, so there is no reason for us to expect others to be different in any way. Those expectations come from denial of our own issues, from our unwillingness to take a good hard look at them and to take action to move out of our comfort zone to fulfill our Heart’s deepest desire;
- Creating daily magic by random acts of kindness. Love is shown through acts of loving kindness. Knowing what others like makes it very easy to manifest magic in their day to day life;
- Investing time and energy in continual courtship, creating a dance of togetherness in love. Sharing ourselves and showing interest in others nourishes that flow of loving energy that keeps relationships alive and vibrant.
What has contributed, for you, to create deep and meaningful relationships in your life?